Friday, May 30, 2008

Detour!

I was really excited about taking this MK idea for the camps we're speaking at this summer and running with it. Well, there was a slight detour I had to take...another brain blockage...and really, where it was a good idea, it just wasn't developing from there. After the brainstorm there was something of a drought.

So, I thought and thought and thought...and finally decided to go with my very first idea (that always seems to happen) which is based on Missionary Biographies. Each day, I'll tell a shortened story of a Missionary from her biography (Mary Slessor, Corrie Ten Boom and Amy Carmichael, Jim & Elisabeth Elliot, etc - it will vary between camps) then on the last day we'll focus on "Writing your Own Missionary Story." See, kids are pretty familiar with the idea of Missionary Stories, and we want to encourage them to read bioagraphies and to seek to obey God, trust Him and share the gospel of Jesus, just as these missionaries have shown in their lives. I know how reading Missionary Biographies has impacted me to follow God at whatever cost. I'm getting copies of books of each of the people we're going to talk about to give away as prizes, too (for the appropriate ages and reading levels, of course). Anyway, after I tell the story, Jim will give a brief lesson from a Bible verse that parallels a characteristic the Missionary showed in her life (Faith, Perseverance, Compassion and Obediece).

So, pray for us as we continue to prepare and pray that God would use these lessons in the campers lives for His glory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I know you'll pull it off!
Mom

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP