Sometimes, I feel like a "bad egg." I feel like Veruca Salt...wanting, and wanting things NOW. In fact, I jokingly sing the song occasionally when I know I'm being a little sassy!
Well, there are a lot of things that I WANT, but must WAIT for. Because, of course, everything happens in God's good and perfect timing...and who am I to question that. No matter HOW "uncomfortable" it seems or how impatient I am...or spoiled I may act.
Here are just a few things I'm "waiting" for:
- Ok, first things first. Seriously. Spring.
- Meeting Josefine for the first time (outside of the womb).
- Jim to come home for a little "us" time tonight. Only a few more hours! :)
- Meeting the 100% goal for support to get to Germany.
- 3 packages in the mail (a flash diffuser, card from grandma and some jewelry).
- My dishes to clean themselves. ;)
- Our house remodel to be complete.
- The payment of many a bill/debt.
- My memory to return.
Anyway, here's the jist. I need to be more willing to wait...trust God and rest in Him...believing He will bring to pass, in His time, all those things in life we wait for. Even the mail. Even finances. Even...well, you get the picture. The little things count, too. And I'm waiting on Him...for all of them. Well, except for the dishes. I could just get off my bum and do those. :)