Saturday, July 18, 2009

Who is the Newborn Here?

So, we have a newborn in the house. Joyful occasion. Beautiful moments. Continual adjustements! I feel like the newborn here!

I asked Jim to tell me what he would compare this new experience to.

He answered, "It's like being a juggler, and adding one more ball."

I suggested what kind of ball that might be, "A bowling ball?"

He nodded his head, laughed and asked me what I would compare this experience to.

"I feel like there were two new people born on June 29th. Josefine and me. I feel so NEW at this...just as new as she probably feels in the outside world. I feel like a different person somedays, and not always because I want to be, but because I have to be. It's very unusual, but I'm thankful for it."

2 comments:

HonorMommy said...

Well of course...a "Mommy" was born.


I don't know about you, but for me it felt like Honor had always been there. It was a weird feeling. Everything was new (and sometimes scary), yet it all "fit". Like she was a missing piece of a puzzle that we didn't know we needed....and each child we've added since has been the same way.

Anyway, I am glad you guys are adjusting well to Josefine. She is absolutely beautiful (as I've said a few other times! :-D).

Carrie said...

Hmmm...that's a really good analogy about being a new person right along with baby - it's SO True. :) It took me several weeks/months to figure out that things (even my time/relationship with my hubby) would never be the SAME again...but you reach a 'new normal' & it's wonderful & awesome. :)

I think the juggling analogy is probably more how guys view it - I know their lives do change dramatically with the baby's birth, but sometimes when we're the ones nursing/staying home with baby all day, etc, it seems like our lives change a LOT more than theirs do - not complaining, mind you, I love it all, just making an observation. :)

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP