Monday, October 26, 2009

Snickerdoodle Surprise Muffins


I made these muffins for a baby shower this weekend. I loved the idea of cinnamon and sugar on top...and cream cheese in the center.

325 Cream Cheese2325 Tin2

650 Cinnamon

I merged about 3 different recipes together to get this one. This recipe is sooo simple. And tasty to boot! My friend, Jamie helped me name it...cause I kinda made up the variation and didn't know what to call them...I liked her suggestion lots. So, here ya have it...Snickerdoodle Surprise Muffins.

325 Finished325 Finished2

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon for batter
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 6 Tablespoons butter for topping
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon for topping
  • 1 brick softened cream cheese for surprise center

Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
  • Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in tehcenter. In a small bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
  • Pour the batter halfway into paper lined muffin pan cups, add a pat of cream cheese and fill muffin cups not quite to the top (3/4 of the way up) with the rest of batter.
  • Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
  • Melt 6 TB of butter. Dip warm muffins in butter, then dip in 1/2 C sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixture.

ENJOY! Click HERE for more Fall into Flavor Recipes!

16 comments:

Carrie said...

mmmm...these sound amazing!!! :)

He & Me + 3 said...

Those sound fabulous. I love cinnamon in anything.

H-Mama said...

Looks yummy... I think my Gracie would love these. Seriously. ;)

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

Seriously.....you made this recipe up?! I tip my hat to you :) I steal recipes...not create them ;)

Anonymous said...

I have successfully added this recipe to my slew of randomly created recipes. Hooray!

KD said...

This sounds too good to be true...I can't wait to try them and see for myself! Thanks for your ingenuity!

Melissa Lea said...

Yum. Cream cheese!

Anonymous said...

Cream cheese in the center? YUM!!!

This Heavenly Life said...

Oh YUM. These look awesome...I can't believe you created the recipe yourself! Good work :)

melanie said...

They ARE yummy -- even if you're not hungry! ;-)

Keri said...

Oh goodness, those look absolutely delicious! Very creative.

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Oh how divine those look!!! Drat these wisdom teeth being taken out.

Ali said...

Okay, you just had to go and ruin my diet, didn't ya?
These look so YUMMY. Might just have to try them! Just one shouldn't ruin the diet, right?

Jennifer Bowen said...

You just had to post this yummy dessert, didn't you? LOL They look so delicious! I'll have to make these soon. =)

Heather L said...

Just made a batch. We are gluten free and they transferred well. Thanks for the great recipe!
God bless
Heather L
www.specialneedshomeschooling.com

Mark and Leslie Boyd said...

yummy, I just ate one and it was delicious. Thanks for posting the recipe.

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP