I made these muffins for a baby shower this weekend. I loved the idea of cinnamon and sugar on top...and cream cheese in the center.
I merged about 3 different recipes together to get this one. This recipe is sooo simple. And tasty to boot! My friend, Jamie helped me name it...cause I kinda made up the variation and didn't know what to call them...I liked her suggestion lots. So, here ya have it...Snickerdoodle Surprise Muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for batter
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons butter for topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for topping
- 1 brick softened cream cheese for surprise center
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in tehcenter. In a small bowl, beat egg with fork. Stir in milk and oil. Pour all at once into the well in the flour mixture. Mix quickly and lightly with a fork until moistened, but do not beat. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter halfway into paper lined muffin pan cups, add a pat of cream cheese and fill muffin cups not quite to the top (3/4 of the way up) with the rest of batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Melt 6 TB of butter. Dip warm muffins in butter, then dip in 1/2 C sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon mixture.
ENJOY! Click HERE for more Fall into Flavor Recipes!