Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lincoln

I just can't seem to find the words, but I'm calling out for prayer for this sweet family and dear friends, who have lost their youngest child (one of twins) this morning. He is home with Jesus now. Please pray for them...for them to know the presence of God in their lives, to feel the warmth of His love surrounding them, to be unified as a family during this time and to heal. For all the years of their lives, they'll be healing.

When I heard the news, what rang through my mind was the joyful laughter of Lincoln's Mama. She has such a joyful spirit. She is one of the friendliest people you will know. Her laugh is contagious. And, while the loss of Lincoln is tragic and he will be missed greatly, my immediate prayer was that her joy would not be crushed. That her smile would still gleam throughout life's joys and trials. Because I know her joy comes from the true Giver of joy, I can be confident that we'll see that again. But, as a mother myself, I can't imagine it coming too easily in the near future. I'm sure these next few days, weeks...maybe months may prove more difficult than I could ever know for her.

I went to Kohl's today to pick up something for Josefine's birthday from her Grandma and I couldn't look at the baby clothes without thinking about Lincoln. I chided myself. I felt so silly. It wasn't ME that has lost a baby! I had a photoshoot, this evening, of a newborn. There was a point, where tears welled up in my eyes, and the image of the beautiful baby on the other side of the lens was blurred. I look at my own Cornelia, only 1 month younger than Lincoln, and floods of thoughts enter my mind and heart. Thought of gratefulness that she is with us. Then questions of "Why?" Why them, and not us? And fear and worry. "Oh, Lord, help us to trust You." God has laid this family, and especially this Mama, so very heavily on my heart that He's given me insight on what she might be going through in the next months. I'm praying for God to give me compassion and even more insight to know how to comfort, and to show me how He might use me in the lives of this dear family to encourage and love.

I'm so thankful that they are surrounded by loving and supportive family right now, too. Praying for them as well...

‎"Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!” Lamentations 3:22-24

We miss you, sweet Lincoln.


Lincoln

6 comments:

Katie@The Baby Factory said...

i very hardly know Angela, and when I heard the news this afternoon, like you said, as a mom.....the shared grief is unexplainable. I've been chiding myself today as well, not to get caught up in the grief, but to pray and pray and pray.
Maybe its a mom thing, but its a twin mom thing, too.. Jesse & I had talked when I was preg w/ Owen & Silas, 'what if', and I said, I would be devastated for myself, but i would be equally, if not more devastated for the remaining twin....a mom isn't even as close as a twin. And I think thats where the majority of my grief today has been....baby Judah.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Beautifully put, Sarah. Praying for this sweet family...

Julie said...

Crying for her, praying, and missing our sweet Linc.

Donna said...

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes. I am heart broken for Ange and Jared as parents. For A,C&B - trying to understand the loss of their little baby brother. But as with Katie, my hearts breaks especially for little Judah. You see, my Dad is a twin. An identical twin. I've heard "Donnie and Ronnie" stories all my life and seen the "twin thing" first hand. It is amazing the connection they have - even when they are grown and live States apart.

I am praying not only for Jared, Ange and the kids, but also for the Grandparents (being one, with a grandbaby born 5 days before Judah and Linc). AND I am praying for Aunts, Uncles, and cousins too. They are such a close knit family.....

Finally, Sarah, I too am praying that Ange's joy will not be crushed. I was thinking yesterday when I heard the news that her huge smile and laughter had been turned into weeping for a while..... but with the Lord's help I pray we will soon see her joy rising up in laughter once again soon.

Julie said...

Sarah, I forgot to comment about Anges laugh. I hope it doesnt steal that eithr. Ange has one of the best laughs that God ever created. She is one of those that can make me laugh till I cry and laughing WITH her is one of my favorite things.

faith, hope, and love said...

Awwwww, you guys are so flattering and sweet! Thank you for your wonderfully kind and loving post Sarah! It's great to have friends and family like all of you! My smile and laughter haven't left, just alot of tears and sadness mixed in. The Lord gives us joy in knowing where our sweet boy is and that we get to see him again one day!

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP