Thursday, May 15, 2008

Handy Downs & Nine Babies

"I like Handy Downs because you don't have to use any money."

Now that's my kind of 7 year old girl!

---

After playing "Wedding" with some girls across the street:

"Now let's say you had nine babies all at once and they all died except for us two, then you died because you got cancer from having nine babies."

Only a little morbid...

---

While in the imaginary hospital after giving birth to baby #1:

Hands an imaginary phone to the "nurse" and says, a little indignantly, "Can you please tell my husband I had a baby!"

I intervene from the kitchen "Didn't you just tell him?"

"He won't believe me!"

I play along, "After NINE months of being pregnant, he won't believe that you just had a baby?"

"Well," she replies, "He's been on a trip in Canada for the past three months."

"So, for SIX months he didn't realize you were pregnant?" I asked, still enjoying playing along.

"I told him once, then he forgot."

"Ohhh." I answered. "He's pretty forgetful."

---

Playing House:

I somehow get talked into playing the grocery store clerk:

"How much is this?" she asks, holding up a necklace.

"$5,374." is my guesstimate.

She hands me a dime and takes the necklace.

---

While one girl is "grocery shopping" (for jewelry), the other two are baby-sitting at "home" hence, playing house.

"You should baby-sit now," one of them said to me, the Grocery Store Clerk.

She plops the baby-doll in my lap.

"Mom" gets "home" from "grocery shopping."

"Hey!" she cries. "Where's my baby!"

"With the other baby-sitter," they point to me, the guilty party.

"Mom" comes to me, tears the baby away from me, "Don't ever baby-sit unless I call you first!"

Neighbor girl runs upstairs and back again. "I called the police. You're a mean mommy."

"I'm not that mean. She knows better than that."

"Oh," said the neighbor girl, "Well, the police are coming because they want to see the brand new baby!"

---

My camera was in the hands of one of the neighbor girls as they were playing...Link to Pictures Coming Soon! They are too funny to miss!

2 comments:

HonorMommy said...

Okay...so I wonder what happened that they think to say "don't ever baby-sit unless I call you first!" :-D Kids are so fun! You want to come babysit my kids???? :-D

Sarah said...

No clue where they would get that! :) You know how to reach me...I'll babysit if you pay the airfare! :)

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP