Monday, July 7, 2008

Eeek!

Last night was our first night here at camp.  I love camp.  Really, I do.  But, there is one thing that I'm not too terribly fond of when it comes to the great outdoors.  I don't mind bugs in general so much...just one or two specifically that give me the eebie-jeebies.  That would be the dreaded earwig and the cockroach. 

One of these two icky specimen happened to be one that I saw last night.  

*GASP*  was about all I could say.  Jim turned to see what I was frantically pointing at.

"On the wall, on the wall, on the wall," was all I was able to manage.

He started chasing the fast little bugger around and I started screaming at the prospect of him running into my purse, which was dangerously close to him.  If I was a cockroach, I'd think it was a pretty good hiding place, so I wouldn't blame him really.

Well, he avoided the purse and kept skittering around Jim's feet.  My feet were firmly planted on the bed, which was a safe 2 feet from the ground the cockroach was dancing around on.  He seemed to be laughing at Jim for missing him almost EVERY time he tried!

Finally, the bug had a slow moment and Jim caught him.  I felt sick to my stomach and nearly lost my lunch...blegh.

BUT, I'm not expecting the rest of the week to be so eventful...at least in the area of bugs.

No comments:

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP