Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Super Fast Trucks.

Jim won free tickets to the Iowa Speedway in Newton. He played his trombone for Van & Bonnie on the 4th of July (on the air...and live even...the harmony to Silent Night) so he won some Sweet Action Tickets. Well, he thought they were more Sweet Action than I did. I'm not much into racing.

We went last Sunday afternoon, and to my surprise, it was fun! I enjoyed watching #7 pretty much walk all over rest of the drivers. He started out last and after 24 laps caught up to the front and held his place the rest of the race (which was 50 laps in all). So, it was fun to see...

...but, not so much fun to hear. So, we brought ear plugs. Go #7.

Oh, and they were trucks...not cars.

No, Jim is not trying to eat that ladies head, though every evidence from the picturs says so. He's yawning because we had to wait a whole HOUR before the race actually started...

So Bored...but, cleary making it more fun w/ our dramatic, uh...drama.

I think it's super cool that you can see the reflection of the cars in Jim's sunglasses.

And I included these pictures to prove that we actually did go to a race...and I wasn't just making up this post.

2 comments:

HonorMommy said...

You guys are so cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

that's so awesome that he played on Van and Bonnie! I totally missed it. Sigh. Looks like a fun time!

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP