Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Surprise

And no, I don't mean there was peanut butter in my Turkey sandwich. That's a whole different story altogether.

This Thanksgiving Jim and I made a last-minute decision to drive up to MI to surprise his mom and brother for Turkey Day. And that we did. She was surprised alright. We popped in just after midnight (only minutes after she'd gotten off of work) and she greeted us with a surprised motherly squeal and hugs. Ben, Jim's brother, somehow slept through the whole thing.

So, needless to say, I'm thankful for surprises and that Mom Engle squealed with delight at our arrival. It feels good to be welcomed at such short notice!

Anyhoo...the turkey was delish and the fellowship sweet. It was the snowstorm we drove through on the way home that presented the little challenge of the weekend...and now, I must add, I am thankful for a husband who is an awesome driver. We saw 4 dozen plus 7 cars in the ditch in Iowa alone. That number includes a semi, which I think should count for two.

Happy post-Thanksgiving!

No comments:

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP