Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Today I learned that...

...a fool has no delight in understanding,
But in expressing his own heart.
Proverbs 18:2
__________
Although, I like to think of myself as an understanding person, there are times (probably more times than I'd like to admit) when I am more bent on "expressing my own heart" than I am in understanding those around me or understanding that God's plan is perfect. I just think that I am important and so are the things I think and feel and, by George, everybody else had better think so, too. Um, well...no, Sarah. Not so much. I am a fool for thinking so.
__________
...a fool's mouth is his destruction,
And his lips are the snare of his soul.
Proverbs 18:7
__________
The words that come out of my mouth are certainly powerful. James 3 says that "if anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body..." And I know that I'm certainly far from perfect. In my quest for understaning and having a spirit of understanding, I want to couple that with kind, loving and gentle words. For "a soft answer turns away wrath. but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1.
_____________
Today, as I realized the truth of my sin, I was grieved. It's never easy to see yourself as the negative example in God's word. But, Jim reminded me today that God's word is just that, a mirror. And today is a new day to trust and believe that God will complete the work He began in me...no matter how painful it is to see the real me and change it.

No comments:

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP