- Meeting new people. I enjoy meeting new people so much...it's energizing and refreshing after a long ride in the car, breathing re-circulated air for hours. At times, I fear I may emerge from the passenger seat looking like a escapee from an institute - but, new people bring a smile to my face and bring me back to life!
- Talking about God's Faithfulness in my life. EVERY time I share my testimony of salvation, my (true) joy is restored (Psalm 51:12). Too often, I find myself forgetting what I'm doing and why I'm doing it...forgetting that it's all about Him and His glory alone.
- Singing with my husband. Jim and I sing in the car and behind the pulpit. I am blessed to be able to share this gift with him and use it to declare God's faithfulness as well.
- Living out of a suitcase. My first impression of this idea wasn't too hot, lemme tell ya. No one likes to live out of a suitcase, do they? Well, I've learned to love it. I have less outfit-options and it seems I'm much more content with "what to wear?" I don't change fifty-bajillion times before I leave. I have only a handful of options...and that's soooo good for me.
- Our chances go up for interesting things happening to us. Example: Jim got stuck on an elevator today. Twice. The Maintenance Man at the hotel had to manually move the elevator from floor 5 to floor 1. Needless to say, Jim was a bit nervous and I'm glad I wasn't there. I'm not sure the Maintenance Man would have been so successful if I was...if ya catch my drift.
- Hearing how God is working in lives of other believers all over the U.S. Testimony after testimony - we hear how God has provided for others, and how He has brought them from here to there and proved His faithfulness over and over. We've stayed at a woman's home whose husband was killed in 9/11 and were amazed at her steadfast strength and dependance on God. And that's just one example of many.
I could go on...but, you get the picture. I'm thankful for deputation - the ups and the downs of it; the highs and the lows...and seeing how every circumstance, given by God is a blessing and yet another reminder of His faithfulness.
And because a post is ALWAYS better with a picture...