Monday, March 31, 2008

Me? A Writer...Perhaps.

So, I was reading this Magazine...well, looking at the pictures is more like it...and I came across this ad for a writing assessment test type thingy. I send in a form saying I want the test and if I score high enough, I could be accepted to this school for writing (children's stories particulary) which I love to read and one of my dreams is to write one (and maybe even illustrate it myself, too).

I gingerly tore out the ad and filled in the form. It's going in the mail tomorrow. I like to take little chances like that. Who knows where it might lead! So, if I'm a High Scorer, I'll probably be excited and then be a little let down because Jim will probably tell me I can't go to school in Connecticut and that it's too expensive even if I wanted to. But, still. I'm taking the chance...maybe it'll be a correspondence class.

FYI: my favorite book growing up was "The Monster at the End of This Book" by Grover.


2 comments:

HonorMommy said...

Hi Sarah!

I just stumbled across your blog...well actually I finally got the time to read your mission blog and found this blog at the bottom of it :-D. "The Monster at the End of This Book" was always a favorite of mine too! :-D

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi" and I look forward to reading more of your blog. Hope you are having a great day!!!

-Tara Davis

Jamie Saylor said...

I LOVE that book!!! It is one of the most fun to read to kids too as you can have fun with the voice inflections.

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP