Thursday, November 4, 2010

30 Days of Thankfulness .Day 4.

I'm thankful for a new day..."This is the day that the LORD has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

You'd think that it should come pretty naturally to "rejoice" in this day, especially to know that it is the Lord who made it! How could we NOT?! Well, there are days, when it's not so easy. It doesn't seem to come as second-nature to rejoice. Things may not be going as well as we had hoped, or maybe it's just a "blah" kind of day. Nothing, from this earthly perspective, to rejoice about. I see myself often NOT rejoicing in what God has done for me in giving me another day to live for Him. I tend to worry or complain and even wish for something different...something "better." Currently, that's been my biggest struggle.

We just came from about 5 months on the road, nearly non-stop traveling, visiting churches, conferences, etc. Exhausting, yes. But, now that things have settled down, and we're "home" and we're looking forward to more changes and traveling in the near future, I find myself wanting something else. To actually settle down for real. It's been difficult to convince myself that this is "settled" when I know we're just going to be leaving again, either for a long trip, or for good.

Also, I think I became addicted to the fast-paced lifestyle of an on-the-go missionary on deputation! Now, I hardly know how to get back into the swing of things, or what the "swing of things" really looks like for us. It's an awkward time, but a necessary time, I'm sure. I know that God wants me to evaluate my pleasure and joy in HIM, even in transition. And I'm not doing such a swell job...in the flesh. It is my prayer today that the Holy Spirit would work in me to produce a rejoicing spirit. Even if I'm a little unsure of what to "do" with my day...I do know that I can REJOICE in what God has given in it.

2 comments:

melanie said...

Hey Sarah ~
I'm sure Conny would love it if you'd link up with her for 30 Days of Thanks =)

http://thehutchhaus.blogspot.com/

Wish we'd had time to chat last night...

Conny said...

Thank you SO MUCH for linking up over at my blog!!! :)
I so enjoyed reading your post- and found myself nodding ...
I too have so often thought to myself "if only I could get married ...", "if only I could have a child...", "if in only we'd settle down...", "if only..." THEN I'll be content. But God has worked on me to be CONTENT IN WHATEVER STATE I AM IN. I don't always do that well; but I am working on it as well. GOD BLESS YOU!!!

© 2009 'Two-column photo blog' by HUGE photo blog

Back to TOP